Tranquil Touch Therapies privacy statement/contract
This privacy statement/contract outlines my obligations as a therapist and training supplier. It outlines your rights as a client and is also a contract between therapist and the client.
This agreement includes my new data responsibilities under the general data protection regulation from 25th May 2018.
Safety and security of the client:
The Therapist is a registered and insured reflexologist and Indian head massage therapist member of Balens insurers.
Agreed details of sessions:
- Treatments will be performed at Brackley Leisure Centre – NN13 6JJ.
- Treatments are performed in my treatment room upstairs at Brackley leisure centre
- Treatment in progress sign will always be on the door when we are in treatment to ensure other people can not come into the room.
- Sessions will last for 50-60 minutes/variable on pamper packages up to 90 minutes.
- The fee is agreed before treatment commences.
- If the client misses or cancels a session without 24hours notice then half of the treatment fee will be liable.
- Holiday breaks will be notified to the client in advance.
- When Laura cannot work due to illness notice will be given as far in advance as possible.
- Laura will reply to emails/calls/texts/queries within her working hours and aim to reply to all within a 24hr period.
- Laura will not respond to messages on Sundays.
The therapist (Laura) ensures she regularly does CPD courses to widen her knowledge and skills.
In order to comply with the new regulations regarding consent and contact, I (Laura Turner) need to make you (client) aware of your rights and confirm you give consent for Laura Turner at Tranquil Touch Therapies to collect and store your data in the way detailed below.
What is collected and why?
Laura will collect your name, DOB, age, email, address, phone number and GP details and session notes. This basic information helps me to get to know you better but also is stored for lawful and safeguarding reasons. These details may also be used for emergency purposes where they may be an evident harm to yourself. If I need to contact your GP for your well-being I will seek to get consent from you first where possible. Session notes are kept brief so I can monitor your treatments.
Confidentiality/sharing of information
All information collected and shared will not be shared with anyone else. I will not sell your information and will not use it for any other purpose other than related to your treatment.
However there are exceptions that may require me to share information to third party – confidentiality may need to be breached in the following circumstances:
- If there is significant risk to yourself, which may need to be shared with GP or another health care professional.
- If there is information that suggests a child or vulnerable adult is being harmed.
- If there is a disclosure of terrorism or money laundering and need to disclose this information to the police.
- In the event of my death or terminal illness resulting in me unable to carry out work then clinical records will be destroyed.
All data Laura Turner at Tranquil Touch Therapies collects is recorded on paper format, and your contact numbers are stored on my business phone.
- Under GDPR you have the following rights –
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information as described.
- The right to access copies of any information held about you, the right to receive a response to request is no period of more than 1 month.
- The right to rectification, to have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- You have the right to opt out of data collection, please make this request in writing. Some data needs to be kept to be in line with my insurance policy.
- You have the right to object to any personal data being collected, this will need to be made known in advance to treatment.
Accessing your data
If you request to make a request for your data under a data subject access request please do in writing. I will then request you to sign a disclosure consent form. You will then expect to receive the information within 30 days of the request.
Laura Turner - Tranquil Touch Therapies